Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Four Things

Our bodies don’t work as well as they used to. Caring for a baby 9 hours a day didn’t leave me with sore shoulders in my 20’s and 30’s, but it does now. Kevin’s eyesight used to be a source of pride, but not any longer. Now reading glasses perch themselves in several places throughout the house. I can eat less, exercise more, and gain weight. Kevin’s body protests when he treats it like it was still 30.


What has happened? It’s the FIFTEYS! Yes, they have hit us both. And we are finding that the body does age and neither of us is crazy about that idea.


After a bit of time bemoaning the AARP mail and the new aches and pains, Kevin decided to do something constructive. "What are the top four things I want my 50’s to be about", he asked. I was so inspired by his short but profound list, I thought I’d do the same.


You may not be in your 50's, but whatever decade you are in, what are your Four Things? Here are ours, perhaps they’ll inspire some more lists.


Kevin - Four Things I want my 50's to be about:


  1. Surprise people with genuine love.
  2. Order my inner world so that I can listen well - to others and to God.
  3. Boldy bring forth new life.
  4. Be more playful than I was in my forties.

Kathy - Four Things I want my 50's to be about:

  1. Love Well.
  2. Foster a spirit of gratefulness.
  3. Have an impact amongst the poor and/or oppressed.
  4. (my secret - after all, this is a blog. You can have your secret too)


Let's go forth and make a great world in this decade. Who says getting old is no fun?



No comments: